The Unofficial Patch is a self installing patch put together by Evil Planet forum member "walking fishy". The aim of the patch is to fix certain parts of gameplay which frustrated most Evil Genius players and had not been corrected by any Official Patch.
The Unofficial Patch is designed to work with the US release of the game, but most (all?) elements work with the European version. It should also be noted that installing the Unofficial Patch is means that you cannot install any future Official Patches (after Official Patch v1.01).
- Fixed the hanchmen stats, the times for acts of infamy are reduced like they should be, as are the heat ratings.
- Population is now 150, instead of 100.
- Can build all building in the hotel hub and hotel wings.
- Can build hotel doors any where, they are cheaper than normal doors but weaker.
- Sentry guns can be built inside as well as out.
- Hotel casino, lounge and lobby can now be built inside the base.
- The loot item Persian rug can now be walked on.
- All gun cabinates can now be built in the barracks.
- Removed the annoying BEEP BEEP sound on the control room.
- Monkey cage (oliver, from an act of infamy should now be researchable).
- Prisioners will live longer in the cell.
- Most intro movies skipped.
- Hiding time on world dominition map is now 10mins.
- Only sentry guns can be built in building, not disgiused ones.
- Freaks shouldnt set traps off now, or at least not as much.
- All loot items should carry over to the second island.
- Totem pool is only transferable once complete, since it cant be put together on second island.
- Fire Extinguisher placable in the hotel.
- BodyGuard is now useful.
- Security Cameras and speakers can be built in Hotel.